Friday 2 November 2012

Aisyah's 4th Reflection

Assalamualaikum and evening earthlings!

To be honest, this week was one hectic week, with presentations, assignments, tests and college events all occuring within one week. So my time management was tested, and I felt quite pressured with all the responsibilities tied to me, so I decided to do this reflection once all the things had been settled or probably a bit later than the usual.

So this week's lecture, as usual warm-ups is always done, and I personally think besides refreshing our tired minds for the day, it is also a way to boost up our confidence level. I must say, it has improved slightly, not just from APK class, but also my English class (Presentation Skills at work). Thank you to everyone! The first task was doing the hi's and shake hands firmly with other members of lecture, and everything must be done random and we were moving around (although movement was limited, once again -_-). I remembered what Miss Elaine mentioned about shaking hands, it must be done firmly to show that you are actually confident in meeting the person and setting a good impression.

Next task was to select 3 people from the group, and they must present to the whole lecture hall about how unique is their business. This was a challenging one, as I was also selected and I am bad in presenting even if I had the confidence to do it. In the end I just did it lol.

Since it was 3 people, there was 3 rounds. I was the second challenger and first challenger was Nani. She did hers quite well, and her voice projection was clear and loud. As for me, I did what I had to and apparently 20 seconds isnt enough -_-

What have I learnt?

Well, I managed to get a few tips from other challengers, the ones who gave a good impression, conveyed their message clearly and of course, making their business sound interesting! Maybe I need to develop my voice projection more..and I have to admit my voice is really slow. Besides that, body language is also important, eg hand gestures and body movements. This is to show how you are working hard in getting people's attention. Moreover, stresses on my vocabulary, I think I would need to add more stresses and convince the audience on how fantastic our business is!

How do I feel?
Developed. Improved :D

Where and How I can apply?
This type of skills can always be applied anywhere, especially when meeting our business partners or clients. Getting a good first impression is very vital!

Others
Im looking forward to the next class by Miss Elaine, as I always enjoyed her activities and I do agree with Gdin, I hope to have some activities relating to our moral values too.

With that, pleasant greetings!
Have a great weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment